What is a biometric screening?
Why should your company do a biometric screening?
1. An opportunity to know your numbers
Good health starts with knowing your numbers. Understanding your basic bloodwork levels like total cholesterol, HDL (good cholesterol) LDL (bad cholesterol), triglycerides and glucose are a great starting point. Add in body mass index (BMI) and blood pressure and employees now have baseline knowledge of their overall health. This also opens conversations about ensuring employees have a primary care provider 1 for any follow up needs.
2. Quick and convenient
For many reasons, employees do not take advantage of their preventive health visits. They do not have a primary care physician; they do not want to use their vacation time to go to the doctor or they may be afraid of what they will learn if they go. Offering screenings at work gives employees an opportunity to learn their numbers in a convenient and confidential way. Offering screenings at work shows the employee that the organization truly cares about their health and well-being. It is a great opportunity to invest in both the 2 employees and the organization.
3. Individual consultation and coaching
As part of the screening, a wellness coach will review the numbers with the participant and explain the healthy ranges and what each number means. This will often lead to a conversation about simple lifestyle changes that participants can make to improve their numbers and ultimately their overall health. If a participant is found to be at risk, they are encouraged to follow up with their primary care provider for follow up care. This screening process may save both the employee and the company money by identifying 3 health risks before it is too late.
4. Learn the baseline health of your organization
Biometric Screenings are a great way to get an understanding of the overall health of your company. This baseline sets the stage for development of a wellness solution that will have impact and measurability. With a successful wellness culture in place a healthier workforce will begin to develop over time providing more productivity, less sick time, quicker recovery from injury, improved morale and ultimately a more 4 profitable company.
5. Show your employees you care
Biometric Screenings are just one of the many ways to incorporate wellness into the company culture. It is one step to providing a robust solution that shows a caring attitude to all employees. If an employee feels cared for by their employer, the benefits the employer will see are endless. Employees will stay with the company longer, excel in customer service, and be your voice in bringing in the best talent when you have a 5 position open.
What should I do next?
If your organization is interested in having biometric screenings at your company, OnSite Wellness can help. Our paperless, HIPAA compliant screening process is unique with year over year live results which leads to great coaching conversations following the screening.
Our screenings include:
- Height, weight, BMI, Waist Circumference, and Blood Pressure
- Fasting Lipid Panel and Glucose Screening via finger prick (Total Cholesterol, LDL, HDL, Triglycerides, and Cholesterol Ratio; Blood Glucose)
- Immediate Face-to-Face Coaching to review and explain screening numbers
- Follow-Up from a health professional for all high risk participants
- Paperless screening process with year over year individual results
- Educational materials and Screening Results confidentially provided at events
- Biometric Aggregate Reporting for your company's health risk analysis
- Optional Tracking Options available including Nicotine Usage Verification, EEOC Spouse Notification and more
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in biometric screening for your company.
If you would like to learn even more about biometric screenings, grab our free downloadable here: