Goodbye hot summer days, hello changing leaves, football, pumpkin picking, cinnamon lattes and tasty donuts. As we wrap up summer on September 22nd, families begin to trade out beach days for cozy bonfires. Looking to get the best out of your Autumn experience with the family? We have made a list of must to-dos this fall that are socially safe, low cost and tons of fun! Many of which include family activities, outings and recipes!
Best Seasonal To-Do's This Fall
- Apple Picking - Treat the family to a fun and easy adventure. Many apple picking orchards have tasty donuts and apple cider for all ages. Check out Robinette's or Klackles!
- Corn Maze - Families of all ages test their fun problem solving skills while staying active!
- Bake together! - Choose from these EASY family fall favorite recipes! Southern Living Fall Deserts
- Carving Contest - Nothing says fall like carving Pumpkin for Halloween, but hosting a carving contest with friends is even better! When carving with young children, follow these safety tips.
- Play in the leaves! - Reward your kids for raking the leaves by jumping into their leaf piles! Hold a contest to see who can make the biggest one!
- Seasonal Soups - Nothing goes better with chilly weather than warm soup. Check out these 10 Spectacular Fall Soup Recipies.
- Scavenger Hunts - Download these fun fall themed Scavenger Hunts for any event in Autumn!
- Pumpkin Bread - Celebrate after pumpkin picking by making a fall favorite pumpkin bread.
- Cozy up - Set up a projector for movies, gather around a bonfire and roast marshmellows!
- Build your Halloween Costumes! - Check out these fun and creative DIY costumes the kids will love to make!