April is National Donate Life Month which is dedicated to bringing awareness to the hundreds of thousands of people who are waiting for a lifesaving transplant. Did you know that 95% of Americans are in favor of becoming a donor to help others, but only 58% are actually registered? Donate Life America is utilizing the month of April to spread the word with hope of closing the gap between those that are in favor of being a donor and those that are actually signed up. Click here to learn about how you can sign up to be a donor and help save someone’s life.
Donate Life America has found that:
- Every 10 minutes, someone is added to the waiting list for a transplant
- 20 people die every day when the organ they need is not donated in time
- One organ, eye, and tissue donor can save over 75 lives
- Click here to find out how you can get involved in your local community.
- Donate Life America encourages you to share their stories on social media to help spread the word and educate family and friends.
- Click here to read more about National Donate Life Month and the theme for this year, “Garden of Life”.